- This Website is Advertising
This Website may be considered advertising in some jurisdictions under applicable law or rules of legal ethics. No representation is made on this Website that the quality of legal services to be performed is better than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers. Rosten Law lawyers are admitted to practice in the jurisdictions listed on their individual biographies on our Rosten Law attorneys page. The ability of any attorney to engage in any activities on behalf of a client outside the jurisdiction in which that attorney is licensed to practice law is subject to state statutes and professional codes and court rules. Rosten Law does not seek, and this Website is not intended to solicit, legal employment outside the states or District of Columbia in which our lawyers are licensed that would constitute the unauthorized practice of law. By appearing on this Website, Rosten Law lawyers do not solicit, target, or advertise for legal employment in any jurisdiction other than where the lawyer is admitted to practice law. The listing of any practice area by Rosten Law or its lawyers does not indicate any certification or expertise in that practice area.
- Informational Purposes Only and Not Legal Advice
The materials provided on this Website are only for informational purposes. They do not constitute legal or other professional advice and you may not rely on the contents of this Website as legal or professional advice. This Website includes information about legal issues and legal developments and Rosten Law does not warrant or guarantee accuracy, currency or completeness of the materials on this Website. You should contact an attorney for advice on specific legal problems or issues. If you require legal advice, you should retain an attorney to advise you. If you are interested in retaining Rosten Law, please contact us, and we will be pleased to discuss whether Rosten Law can assist you.
- No Guarantee of Results
Any information on this Website is not intended as a guarantee that the same or similar results can be obtained in every matter undertaken by Rosten Law. The outcome of a particular matter can depend on a variety of factors, including the specific factual and legal circumstances, the ability of opposing counsel, and, often, unexpected developments beyond the control of any client or attorney.
- No Attorney Client Relationship by Use of this Website
The information on this Website does not create an attorney-client relationship. Neither your receipt of information from this Website, nor your use of this Website to contact Rosten Law or one of its attorneys creates an attorney-client relationship between you and Rosten Law. An attorney-client relationship will arise between you and Rosten Law only if we specifically agree to act as your attorney through an engagement letter. Whether you are a new or existing client of the firm, Rosten Law cannot represent you on a new matter until the firm determines that there is no conflict of interest and that it is willing and otherwise able to accept the new engagement. Until you receive and sign an engagement letter, you have not hired Rosten Law and have not become our client. Unless and until Rosten Law has informed you it is willing and able to accept your new matter, do not send Rosten Law any information or documents that you consider private or confidential. That information will not be treated as private, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure until Rosten Law has communicated to you it is willing and able to accept your new matter.
- Confidentiality of Communications
Rosten Law does not guarantee the confidentiality of any communications sent by e-mail or through this Website, or left in voicemail messages on our telephones. Unsolicited information and material may not be treated as confidential and will not be protected by any attorney-client privilege. Accessing or using this Website does not create an attorney-client relationship. Although the use of this Website may facilitate access to or communications with Rosten Law by e-mail or voicemail, receipt of any such communications or transmissions by Rosten Law does not create an attorney-client relationship, unless we agree to represent you.
- Copyright and Trademarks
The copyright in this Website and all materials contained in it is owned, or licensed by Rosten Law. All contents of this Website are: Copyright © Rosten Law, PLLC. All rights reserved. For more information, including any questions about reusing materials found on this Website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This Website, as a whole, or in part, may not be reproduced without the express prior written consent of Rosten Law. The Rosten Law name and logo are trademarks of Rosten Law, and you may not copy, use or display them in any manner other than as they are displayed on this Website without our prior written consent, which we may withhold in our sole discretion.
- Links to Third Party Sites
As a convenience, this Website may provide links to third-party websites. We do not review, control or examine, control or examine any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. We make no guarantees about the accuracy, currency, content, or quality of the information provided by such sites, and we assume no responsibility for unintended, objectionable, inaccurate, misleading, or unlawful content that may reside on those sites. The inclusion of any link does not mean or imply that Rosten Law endorses or recommends the information contained in linked websites. In addition, please be aware that your use of any linked site is subject to the terms and conditions applicable to that site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those other websites, and it is your responsibility to review the privacy policies of those websites to confirm that you understand and agree with their policies. Please direct any questions regarding linked sites to the webmaster of that site.
- IRS Circular 230 Notice
In accordance with IRS requirements, this is to inform you that any information on this Website that could be construed as U.S. tax advice is not written or intended to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of
(i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or
(ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed on this Website.
- Attorneys Responsible and Contact Information
You may choose to provide personal information (such as your name, address, telephone number and email address) on this Website. We respect your privacy and permit you to control the treatment of your personal information.
- Contact Link. If you communicate with us through the “Contact” link, you may provide certain information such as your name, email address and telephone number so we can respond to your inquiry or comments. We also may use the information you provide to communicate with you about topics that we believe may be of interest to you.
- Collection of Information for Other Purposes. We may collect information for other purposes, including administration of the Website, market research, data analytics and compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures. We may collect certain information by automated means when you visit this Website, such as how many users visited the Website and the pages accessed.
- Automatic collection. Our servers automatically recognize visitors’ domain names and IP addresses. No personal information about you is revealed in this process. This Website may also gather anonymous “traffic data” that does not personally identify you, but that may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer.
- Cookies. From time to time, we may use the standard “cookies” feature of major browser applications that allows us to store a small piece of data on your computer about your visit to this Website. We do not set any personally identifiable information in cookies, nor do we employ any data capture mechanisms on this Website other than cookies. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, if you choose to disable this function, your experience at this Website may be diminished and some features may not work as they were intended.
- Sharing of information.
- Conform to the requirements of applicable law or comply with legal process served on us,
- In response to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- Sale of Information.
We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our assets. If Rosten Law or substantially all of its assets are acquired, information collected on this Website will be one of the assets transferred to the acquirer.
- How We Protect Personal Information:
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards for this Website designed to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the personal information we collect through this Website.
- Updating your Information:
If you would like to update your contact information or preferences, or have your information removed from our mailing lists, please contact us by emailing us at email@example.com or writing to us at:
Rosten Law, PLLC 1020 16th Street, NW, Suite 2015 Washington, DC 20036
- Disclaimer of Liability
Rosten Law makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation or content of this Website. Rosten Law expressly disclaims all other guarantees, warranties, conditions and representations of any kind, either express or implied, whether arising under any statute, law, commercial use or otherwise, including implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. In no event shall Rosten Law or any of its partners, officers, employees, agents or affiliates be liable, directly or indirectly, under any theory of law (contract, tort, negligence or otherwise), to you or anyone else, for any claims, losses or damages, direct, indirect special, incidental, punitive or consequential, resulting from or occasioned by the creation, use of or reliance on this Website (including information and other content) or any third party websites or the information, resources or material accessed through any such websites. Rosten Law assumes no liability for any damage arising from the use or misuse of any information provided on this Website. Rosten Law does not guarantee or warrant that the Website will be available without interruption, error or omission; that defects will be corrected; or that the Website and the server or servers that make it available are free from viruses or harmful components. The Website and the materials provided on this Website are provided “as is” and “as available” without representations, warranties or conditions of any kind, either expressed or implied. We may terminate access to this Website or alter or delete this Website or its content or features at any time, in any way, and for any reason or no reason, all in our sole discretion.
- Severability; Waiver.
- Governing Law.
- No License.