- This Website is Advertising
This Website may be considered advertising in some jurisdictions under applicable law or rules of legal ethics. No representation is made on this Website that the quality of legal services to be performed is better than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers. Keith Rosten is a partner at BCR and is admitted to practice in the jurisdictions listed on his individual biography on the Rosten Law attorney page. The ability of any attorney to engage in any activities on behalf of a client outside the jurisdiction in which that attorney is licensed to practice law is subject to state statutes and professional codes and court rules. Keith Rosten does not seek, and this Website is not intended to solicit, legal employment outside the states or District of Columbia in which he is licensed that would constitute the unauthorized practice of law. By appearing on this Website, Keith Rosten does not solicit, target, or advertise for legal employment in any jurisdiction other than where he is admitted to practice law. The listing of any practice area on this Website does not indicate any certification or expertise in that practice area.
- Informational Purposes Only and Not Legal Advice
The materials provided on this Website are only for informational purposes. They do not constitute legal or other professional advice and you may not rely on the contents of this Website as legal or professional advice. This Website includes information about legal issues and legal developments and we do not warrant or guarantee accuracy, currency or completeness of the materials on this Website. You should contact an attorney for advice on specific legal problems or issues. If you require legal advice, you should retain an attorney to advise you. If you are interested in retaining the services of Keith Rosten at BCR, please contact him at BCR, and he will be pleased to discuss whether he can assist you.
- No Guarantee of Results
Any information on this Website is not intended as a guarantee that the same or similar results can be obtained in every matter undertaken by Keith Rosten at BCR. The outcome of a particular matter can depend on a variety of factors, including the specific factual and legal circumstances, the ability of opposing counsel, and, often, unexpected developments beyond the control of any client or attorney.
- No Attorney Client Relationship by Use of this Website
The information on this Website does not create an attorney-client relationship. Neither your receipt of information from this Website, nor your use of this Website to contact Keith Rosten of BCR creates an attorney-client relationship between you and Keith Rosten or between you and BCR. An attorney-client relationship will arise between you and Keith Rosten or between you and BCR only if BCR specifically agrees to act as your attorney through an engagement letter. Whether you are a new or existing client of BCR, Keith Rosten at BCR cannot represent you on a new matter until BCR determines that there is no conflict of interest and that it is willing and otherwise able to accept the new engagement. Until you receive and sign an engagement letter and paid the applicable retainer, you have not hired BCR and have not become a client. Unless and until BCR has informed you it is willing and able to accept your new matter, do not send BCR any information or documents that you consider private or confidential. That information will not be treated as private, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure until BCR has communicated to you it is willing and able to accept your new matter.
- Confidentiality of Communications
Keith Rosten and BCR do not guarantee the confidentiality of any communications sent by e-mail or through this Website, or left in voicemail messages on his telephones. Unsolicited information and material may not be treated as confidential and will not be protected by any attorney-client privilege. Accessing or using this Website does not create an attorney-client relationship. Although the use of this Website may facilitate access to or communications with Keith Rosten at BCR by e-mail or voicemail, receipt of any such communications or transmissions by Keith Rosten or BCR does not create an attorney-client relationship, unless BCR agrees to represent you.
- Copyright and Trademarks
The copyright in this Website and all materials contained in it is owned, or licensed by Rosten Law, PLLC. All contents of this Website are: Copyright © Rosten Law, PLLC. All rights reserved. For more information, including any questions about reusing materials found on this Website, please contact us at email@example.com. This Website, as a whole, or in part, may not be reproduced without the express prior written consent of Rosten Law, PLLC. The Rosten Law name and logo are trademarks of Rosten Law, PLLC, and you may not copy, use or display them in any manner other than as they are displayed on this Website without Rosten Law, PLLC’s prior written consent, which Rosten Law, PLLC may withhold in its sole discretion.
- Links to Third Party Sites
- IRS Circular 230 Notice
In accordance with IRS requirements, this is to inform you that any information on this Website that could be construed as U.S. tax advice is not written or intended to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of
(i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or
(ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed on this Website.
- Attorneys Responsible and Contact Information
You may choose to provide personal information (such as your name, address, telephone number and email address) on this Website. We respect your privacy and permit you to control the treatment of your personal information.
- Contact Link. If you communicate with us through the “Contact” link, you may provide certain information such as your name, email address and telephone number so we can respond to your inquiry or comments. We also may use the information you provide to communicate with you about topics that we believe may be of interest to you.
- Collection of Information for Other Purposes. We may collect information for other purposes, including administration of the Website, market research, data analytics and compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures. We may collect certain information by automated means when you visit this Website, such as how many users visited the Website and the pages accessed.
- Automatic collection. Our servers automatically recognize visitors’ domain names and IP addresses. No personal information about you is revealed in this process. This Website may also gather anonymous “traffic data” that does not personally identify you, but that may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer.
- Cookies. From time to time, we may use the standard “cookies” feature of major browser applications that allows us to store a small piece of data on your computer about your visit to this Website. We do not set any personally identifiable information in cookies, nor do we employ any data capture mechanisms on this Website other than cookies. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, if you choose to disable this function, your experience at this Website may be diminished and some features may not work as they were intended.
- Delaware Nevada and California Privacy. For the purposes of Delaware, Nevada and California privacy laws, please note that we save, from most webpages, only this type of information: Your IP address, access time, resource requested, success or failure in delivering a resource. Other information offered by your browser is deleted before the above is stored in a logfile. For many of our webpages, the server stores more technical transaction information, including the referring website that your browser reveals to it. The logfile is subject to rotation and frequent deletion but its data may be inspected and shared with experts and authorities to identify and prosecute illegal acts. The only information of relevance to our provision of the Website is information to decide whether to send a regular size page or a small page for a mobile device. We collect through this Website your name, email, phone number and messages you provide on the Contact page of this Website.
- Sharing of information.
- Conform to the requirements of applicable law or comply with legal process served on us,
- In response to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- Sale of Information.
We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our assets. If Rosten Law or substantially all of its assets are acquired, information collected on this Website will be one of the assets transferred to the acquirer.
- How We Protect Personal Information:
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards for this Website designed to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the personal information we collect through this Website.
- Updating your Information:
If you would like to update your contact information or preferences, or have your information removed from our mailing lists, please contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at:
Rosten Law, PLLC 1101 17th Street, NW, Suite 1100 Washington, DC 20036
- Disclaimer of Liability
Rosten Law makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation or content of this Website. Rosten Law expressly disclaims all other guarantees, warranties, conditions and representations of any kind, either express or implied, whether arising under any statute, law, commercial use or otherwise, including implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. In no event shall Rosten Law or any of its partners, officers, employees, agents or affiliates be liable, directly or indirectly, under any theory of law (contract, tort, negligence or otherwise), to you or anyone else, for any claims, losses or damages, direct, indirect special, incidental, punitive or consequential, resulting from or occasioned by the creation, use of or reliance on this Website (including information and other content) or any third party websites or the information, resources or material accessed through any such websites. Rosten Law assumes no liability for any damage arising from the use or misuse of any information provided on this Website. Rosten Law does not guarantee or warrant that the Website will be available without interruption, error or omission; that defects will be corrected; or that the Website and the server or servers that make it available are free from viruses or harmful components. The Website and the materials provided on this Website are provided “as is” and “as available” without representations, warranties or conditions of any kind, either expressed or implied. We may terminate access to this Website or alter or delete this Website or its content or features at any time, in any way, and for any reason or no reason, all in our sole discretion.
- Severability; Waiver.
- Governing Law.
- No License.